28.4.16

Book Review : Ignite Me by Taherah Mafi

                                                                                               

                             Ignite Me
by Taherah Mafi
Genre : Young Adult, Dystopian, Romance, Sci-Fi, Fantasy
Pages : 416
Series : Shatter Me #3
Goodreads Rating : 4.46
My rating :
 
Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
The heart-stopping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, which Ransom Riggs, bestselling author of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, called “a thrilling, high-stakes saga of self-discovery and forbidden love.”

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.

The Shatter Me series is perfect for fans who crave action-packed young adult novels with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu. Tahereh Mafi has created a captivating and original story that combines the best of dystopian and paranormal, and was praised by Publishers Weekly as “a gripping read from an author who’s not afraid to take risks.” Now this final book brings the series to a shocking and satisfying end.
 



This is the last book in the Shatter Me trilogy and of course I have to read this as soon as I finished Unravel Me. I like Shatter Me but surely it have flaws that pull out one star from my rating. After reading Shatter Me I start to reach the novella Destroy Me ( I have no intention to really read it as it is a NOVELLA ) But holy crap!! Destroy Me is the spark that increase all of my interest to finish this trilogy! It follows Warner's POV and what do you expect? Really. Although Unravel Me is not as much as I hope it will be but I'm dying to know the ending what happens to the characters.

Destroy Me is one of the final book that brings up the perfection to the whole trilolgy. This book is perfection. The writing is brilliant. The characters are fabulous! I love all of the characters in this book. Less love for Adam. There is a big massive characters development going on here. All of them are being coorperative towards each other. I am much impressed with how change Juliette can possibly be from the first book. Gratitude to our boyfriend Warner.

My favourite character in this book is obviously Kenji. He has begin to play as an important role here and he makes such many appearances in this book. His palatonic relationship with Juliette is so pure that pretty sure left the feel of envy in every readers hearts. And when Kenji is combine with James? No doubt they will make an awesome character.Adam is being such an ass here. A big ass. He is obviously shows how little his love toward Juliette when he did not support her rights. As for Warner, he will always be in my heart. He is the most swoon-worthy fictional boyfriend I have ever met. I'm actually fangirling right now. Ouch !He makes me want to purchase all of the soap products out there. And where the hell can I get the honeysuckle soap?

Although I am kind of dissapointed with the ending because Taherah Mafi tend to be lazy in the previous last chapters and rush all of the events, I freaaakin love it. When my love and precious care towards all of the characters really start to ignite my spirit, I find there's only little pages left and I started to freak-out. Really freak-out. It is really the end.  Taherah left us with many unasnwered questions, because I realized that the main point of the story is not focusly on the world development and plots. It is the characters developments that really matter, because if we find ourselves really into them, the story is much less the point, it is the ending of the characters that matters.
Overall
This book is freaking fantastic and I really recommend it to YA dystopian readers! For sure you will not be dissapointed. I hope there is another sequel for this book or at least an epilogue!! Please, I will do anything to know what happen between Warner and Juliette.Let's just erase my memory so that I can reread it over and over again. I want to write more but this post seems to reach no end! 


Quotes

“Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.

No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.” 



“I can do anything I want. 

Be with anyone I want. 

And it'll be my choice.” 




View all my reviews