25.5.16

Book Review : I Wrote This For You


I Wrote This For You
by pleasefindthis

Genre :Poetry, Love, Romance, Young Adult, Adult
Goodreads rating : 4.19
My rating :


I need you to understand something. I wrote this for you. I wrote this for you and only you. Everyone else who reads it, doesn’t get it. They may think they get it, but they don’t. This is the sign you’ve been looking for. You were meant to read these words.
This is poetry. A collection of poetries. I tell you I am not a poetry person. Not at all. But this book literally change my life. Change my views in the art of poetry. You must be wondering what makes me to pick up this book. Well, let's just say I just happened to see it in goodreads. Goodreads is the best social media in the world.

I did not expect a lot of amazing things at first. I mean look at the cover! For me, the cover is an awful and horrible way in giving the readers' first impression. I was affected too.
But the first word of the poetry , I am done! 
It started with the author wrote a letter to the readers, or more specific to you. You will know why after you read this excerpt..

" Dear You,
You are holding in your hands what was promised to you years ago. I’m sorry it took so long. But life, as is so often the case, is life and we forget about the promises we’ve made.
You, however, are harder to forget.
I know the world is crazy. I know love is not always the way it’s meant to be. I know sometimes, things hurt. But I also know that we’ll get through this. That our hearts will arrive on the other side, in one piece. That everything is beautiful, if we give it the chance to be.
I’ve tried to write down what I saw and what you told me and I sincerely don’t think I missed anything. Let me know if I have.at 
I love you. I miss you.
Me "

I feel something ...in the words. The letter just makes me special and unique out of all people. Because it reminds me that I am not alone in this world, like theres's actually someone out there who cares and loves me the way I am. The words are just written officially for me, not for anyone else, I am the one who have this, I am the only one who ever read this. It feels good and soothing at the same time, and how much the warmness and affcetion flowing into me. 

For just a moment, I am not pretending like I am alone, because I am not alone. Although some of the words are just did not make sense to me, it doesn't matter at all. I was surprised by how much I love reading the poetries, like I am in love, then break up then in love all over again. The feelings never get bored, plain and flat, it feels alive. 

Have you ever feel that there's something buried inside you, but yet you don't know how to express it, letting it out, and push it all out of your mind. I Wrote This For You just somehow manage to wrap up all of your things, put them in words, arrange in pharagraph , accompany with pictures in a book. It's like a book of emotion. Your emotion that you don't know how to reflect.

There's time I wanted to be in the writer position and discovering what was the writer had been experiencing throughout his life. I was envy by how talented he was in sprawling his reflection all over the pages. 

This must be a reread book. I don't reread book but this is an exception I have to make. Because it is perfection that completely attached to my heart.

Overall

I will reread this book over and over again and not getting tired of it. This is what you need when you wanna feel being love again. That's I am sure. Because I have gone through it.