7.5.16

Book Review : Frozen Tides by Morgan Roydes

Frozen Tides
by Morgan Roydes

 Genre : Fantasy, Magic, Young Adult, Romance
 Pages : 400
 Series : Falling Kingdom # 4
 Goodreads rating : 4.49
 My rating :    
 
                                    

Rebels, royals, and monsters wage war over the Mytican throne in the shocking fourth book of the Falling Kingdoms series, from New York Times bestselling author Morgan Rhodes.

CLEO: Reeling after a bloody showdown in Limeros ending with Amara’s abduction of the water crystal, and a vacancy in the Mytican throne, Princess Cleo must cast aside her feelings and look toward her kingdom with the eyes of a Queen.

MAGNUS: With the kingdom in chaos, Princess Lucia still missing and quite possibly in danger, and a shocking realization about Cleo, the steely prince is once again torn between love and duty, leaving him wondering whether he’s strong enough to rule his people.

LUCIA: The young sorcercess has had her vengeance after the cruel death of her first and only love. Heartbroken and unable to trust anyone, she allies with the awoken Fire god, who also seeks revenge.

JONAS: After escaping death by the skin of his teeth, the defeated rebel—along with a mysterious stranger–leader reunites with Princess Cleo, only to find himself a mere pawn in a dangerous hunt for the elusive Kindred.

KING GAIUS: Abandoned by Melenia and betrayed by his own children, Gaius flees Mytica and sails to Kraeshia, where he attempts to ally with the famously brutal emperor across the Silver Sea.

I am screaming, shouting, freaking, yelling the hell out of me right now. It must be weird to say that I was probably crying reading this book. A little bit. Few drops. 

I got addicted to this series. I can't get enough. I need the sequel. RIGHT NOW. 
This book is getting deeper and further as it goes on. If Gathering Darkness is a turning-page machine then this book is a bring-out-all-of-your-emotion machine. You get it? no? Well, let me get this straight. You read this series, and suddenly there is something inside you that constantly hold your mind to keep living inside the story, and your fingers affecting by contagious disease that they can't find a way from stopping you turning the next pages. Then, in a sudden, all of your emotions are being pull out jammed into a pharapgraph. A pharagraph turns into a chapter. Bamm! A chapter turns into a freaking book. Sound creepy eh? 
But that was what I truly and honestly felt.

The magic element in this story has been more widely exposed than the previous books. I bumped into the 'fire' god and Lucia. The 'fire' god teamed up with Lucia and combine their strentgh in order to seek revenge. They were one of the wicked and creepiest things ever!

King Gaius and the Princess what-her-name got what?? You gotta be kidding me! I can't even  swallow it! Really?

 This two people were way more creepy than the fire god team. 

The romance! I was waiting for like an eternity for that moment to come. But guess what? Morgan Roydes just write it in two freakin pages! I yearn for more. It took place in the fourth book of the series to point out the real 'hero'. Know what? I always keep guessing the wrong characters in every book! I have the feeling towards Cleo sparks of love with 'this guy' but it just didn't feel right although I kinda ship them so much. So, I guess the 'other guy' but it turns out that Morgan Roydes are on my side for the first time.

Talking about Morgan Roydes, I realized her hobby in writing. She likes... no she fucking loves to cut off characters! I mean, I can't. Why? I love all of the characters she had killed! It was so frustrating. She had no a single piece of mercy and piece in her writing. 

So, I came with a conclusion. If all of the characters' lovers had been gone..I can't help myself from shipping Lucia with Jonas. It does makes sense right? I mean they are both MAIN characters and they survived from the first book! and they are for reasons. of course

Overall

The months of waiting the Crystal Storm to be publish yet is a real torture for me. I am dying to know what will possibly happen. I know it is something beyond my expectation because every single book in this series never failed to surprise and mesmerized me. I urge YOU to read this series ASAP!


Quotes

Because if you don’t choose to fight against the wrong in the world, then you are the wrong in the world.” 

“What our hearts want can overtake what our minds tell us is forbidden to us. We can’t control these feelings, even if we desperately wish we could.”