3.5.16

Book Review : If I Stay by Gayle Forman



If I Stay
by Gayle Forman
     Genre : Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Fiction,      
Series : If I Stay #1   
Pages : 210
     Goodreads rating : 3.96
  My Rating :
                                            
                                             If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.


Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.


I don't have any idea before that I will dislike this book so much. and my issues here are not just because of certain particular event or whatever but it consist of the  WHOLE book! I am sorry for 'if i stay' fan for giving such least rating. I can't help it. I start recognized this book when it had become one of the phenomenon around the girls community in my high school. I saw people holding this book here and there and of course 'curiousity kill the cat'. I have to read too and exploring what was the hyped about.


Then, I start to read it. The beginning of the story is enjoyable and fun as I sink into Mia's world and life. Then, it started to draggy and babbling on and on. I keep waiting for anything interesting to pop out in the novel, instead it's just like nothing actually happen throughout the story. I feel like reading someone else biography from her childhood until the moment her dead approach. Just for a matter of fact, it's a ghost's biography, or no one biography as Mia is fictional.

The romance is OKAY. It is not really living for me. And Adam character is mediocre. He is sweet and can be annoying sometimes when they did not in the same page. But I was so touch the moment he appeared in the hospital and his determination of breaking the rules to see Mia. That was funny! Who did he think he was? Adam's scene with his song and the ending is my favourite although the author left us with cliffhanger as I believe there will be another sequel. And I hope the next book will be better.

Overall
I am not regret to say that I have been wasting my time to read this book. Nothing happen. NOTHING.
I don't get it why people crying over this book? Are you being serious? I don't feel anything. 
_
Quotes