13.5.16

Novella Review : Destroy Me by Taherah Me

Destroy Me
by Taherah Mafi

Genre : Dystopian, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance
Pages : 109
Form : ebook
Series : Shatter Me #1.5
Goodreads rating : 4.28
My rating :



Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel MeDestroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
This is a novella. Repeatition. A novella. So, what do I expect? If you read my review of Shatter Me, you must know that I am desperately, completely and inevitably rooting for Warner. I have things for villain especially when his competitor is a boring protective boyfriend you know. While him? He is different in all aspects. The way he treats Juliette, the way he style, the way he thinks and the way he does everything.

Destroy Me is a novella created for Shatter Me fans to fill the time gaps while waiting for the Unravel Me to be publish. Yup, and now the whole trilogy was already completed and readers probably jump right into Unravel Me without glancing Destroy Me a glance. Tell you what, you shouldn't do that. You make a terrible and awful mistake. Believe me. I am the one experience here.

This novella tells us in Warner's POV, the debonair leader of sector 45 with blue eyes, and high obsession towards cleanliness and fashion.Be prepare if you are in team Adam, your heart will automatically switch its soul. 

Warner was going through a hell lots of wicked things happened in his life that I can't even imagined. His struggling to meet his father's expectation and others just enough to make my heart seriously ache that somehow I think  paramedics should be prepare outside my house. In Shatter  Me, we just being feed with Juliette thoughts about him, but beneath the sea we don't actually see the reasons hiding behind the waves, how, when and why did he do that.

Well, here, all of the secrets revealed, nakedly exposed and showed how fragile he actually was. Reading his words are just like floating on the white cotton hanging high upon the sky. It is emotionally depth and truth like you are living in his mind. I will be the luckiest and happiest girl in the universe if all of his feelings are directed towards me. 
You can also see some exert writing from Juliette's journal which I find is a bonus here. 

This novella just make me so excited to read Unravel Me and see how things go on. In just a 1,5 series, Warner just added in my book-boyfriend list!
Overall

This is the best novella ever written in the entire universe. The best in this novella is the writing, second, the writing and the writing and of course, Warner just make this novella wholely perfect.
Quotes

“And I've fallen.

So hard.

I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.”

“This pen is my only outlet, my only voice, because I have no one else to speak to, no mind but my own to drown in and all the lifeboats are taken and all the life preservers are broken and I don’t know how to swim I can’t swim I can’t swim and it’s getting so hard. It’s getting so hard. It’s like there are a million screams caught inside of my chest but I have to keep them all in because what’s the point of screaming if you’ll never be heard and no one will ever hear me in here. No one will ever hear me again.”