8.6.16

Book Review : Where She Went

Where She Went
by Gayle Forman
( Goodreads | Bookurve | Book Depository )

Genre : Contemporary, Romance
Series : If I Stay #2
Pages : 264
Goodreads Rating : 4.08
My Rating

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

 No matter how much my anger and dissapointment sprawled towards If I Stay, I decided to give this series a second chance to grab my heart. Based, on my If I Stay review, I didn't feel like into the characters and the storyline is literally flat somewhere. It was blunt with a collection of short stories of Mia's family, life, friendship and her love life gathered together and make it into a book. So, I approached this book with no hope of high expectation as well, but I have the hope of this duology to be better written. 

As the opposite of If I Stay, this book was written in Adam's POV, which was confusing at first because I thought it was Mia! I love to read male-character's POV because I was curious of what the opposite gender  had in mind, although the author is a female. The story started with both of the main characters had succesfully achieve their own careers as a well-known musicians. Mia was already breaking-up with Adam for some bullshit reasons I don't find necessary and it was a moronic decision she had ever made. Why would she stay if she don't wanna be together with? Why don't you just let it all go and this duology will never have a sequel.
Mia's character was like any other female's brain that seems to confuse of the 'i-want-you-but-i-don't-to' thinking. If you ever want something that you really wish you have, why don't go and get it buddy? He was just straight in front of you and yet you still came with lame excuses of why you shouldn't be together. And the story went on and on, keep draging my eyes to witness all of your trip dramas. I predicted the ending well enough to know they will be back together because that is what novel do. But really? All of the words I read were just about meaningless tour of Adam and Mia in New York? Then bla..bla..bla..rambling about their fate and whatsoever. Then puff..'we are back again'
I don't know why  readers love this duology! I don't know why. Why? Why? Sometimes it was weird to find that there are other book that is greatly written but don't get enough hype as it should. No hard-feelings but I just greatly dissapointed with this duology. And I don't think anyone should read this. LOL.
No just read it if you love If I Stay. but this kind of story is a no-no to me. 
Overall

I don't like this book, this duology, the characters, the story, the plot and just everything.
I recommend it for those who wish to wasted their time and bucks.
I am sorry but I really can't help it.


It's weird, but 
Happy Reading!